Thursday, June 25, 2009

The End of a Legacy

Today a legend has died.

I found out the news through a homeless man. That's right, a hobo. Katie Cullen and I were leaving the Mariners game when we witnessed a man, with a cast, pass over a handful of rocks/pills to another person about 3 feet away from us, and they handed him money. Everyone in the group watched us watch them as we passed. When we were a few feet away Katie said, "Did we just witness" and I stated "A drug deal? Yes." As we were laughing about my future in FBI profiling and what we should have done (meaning I take the handful of goods while stating, "I need this more than you"), Katie told me that the man with the cast was following us. This is when we got stuck at a red light and had to wait to cross the street. The man came up to me mumbling about how he had had surgery about an hour ago (we think he was selling his pain meds), and then stated "Michael Jackson is dead. He was a child molester" and he walked away. Katie Cullen stated, "Yeah, Michael Jackson is dead." But deep inside I knew that there was a possibility that he was dead because anyone who knows crazies, knows that there is method to their madness. When we reached the car we turned on the radio to hear "Thriller was the most memorable song. RIP Michael Jackson."

This was serious, but we had no idea how. I estimated that it was an overdose, Katie Cullen thought it was a complication to surgery. We called Jessie Cordell who was no where near a computer and didn't know about the horrid accident. Then we called Kendyl who filled us in. Meanwhile, Caroline called and talked to me about how her children will never know of the true Michael Jackson. She brought up the idea of his death caused by diuretics, which is completely possible because supposedly he died from heart failure (which is a side effect), I mean, he was very skinny over the past few years.

Caroline was wondering what he is thinking now that he is in spirit prison. I think he is very confused. I mean, he probably has the body he used to have. And no one recognizes him because he is most likely black. Black or white, I still love him.

Honestly were you surprised that he died? No. He was one of those who was going to go out with a bang. Michael, pyt, thank you for the good times, RIP, and see you in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment