Saturday, March 22, 2008
Dominating in Basketball
So a few weeks ago, my roommates and I (and by my roommates and I, I mean me volunteering my roommates), auctioned off a game of basketball. Well, last night we played against the house that bought it at the service auction. Let me just say, we played on an outside court, with the kind of flooring that is on oldschool home basketball courts, you know the kind that doubles as a tennis court and basketball court, that is little squares connected together. Anyways, so not only did we have that, but the sun was in our eyes the whole time. Also, we were playing with a very slippery men's ball. With all this being said, let me also inform you, that Kira, my 5 ft tall roommate jumped the ball at the beginning. The other team won the jump, but I intercepted their pass, which ended up dislocating my thumb. Not knowing that it was dislocated, I pulled my finger to pop it, because that's what you do when you jam a finger to stop the swelling. It wasn't until later when I was thinking about it that I realized that I had reset my thumb. Anyways, with one hand out of the game, I was forced to play with only one hand. I would like to tell everyone at this time, that the other team was a house of 9 guys. We only had 4, but luckily Nate Lawler stepped in (we would have died without his skills). So they had 4 subs, and we had none. At half time, it was tied. I am serious. Second half started, and I'm pretty sure we were winning because their coach stopped keeping track of points, I mean who honestly stops keeping track of points unless you are losing? Plus I can't remember them actually scoring second half, and I know that I scored at least 3. Anyways, all I have to say is, never underestimate the power of the Richardson House's basketball skills. We may be a bunch of females (plus Nate), but we will still dominate you.
1 comment:
hahahahahaha. NEVER underestimate plus nate. good one.
Post a Comment