On Tuesday, January 31st, 2012, Nate came over to my house to pick me up to go to the temple. We were in my kitchen, and I was making/eating a snack when Nate asked me, "I have a question I want to ask you, but I want you to feel comfortable saying no". I said, "Ok", thinking it was about a family event or something family wanted me to do. He said, "I don't know if I want to ask it". I stated, "You can't just say that and then not ask!". Nate changed the subject and I quickly and COMPLETELY jokingly said, "Nate, you can ask me to marry you.". He asked "I can?!". And I stated "Yes!". He then asked "Will you marry me?". I stated, "Yes!" in a high falling tone, as if answering a rhetorical question. He looked me straight on, and said more sternly, "Will you marry me?". I again stated "Yes", this time more affirmatively, and as I was answering, I realized he was seriously asking me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring he had purchased at Walmart the night before because he was sick of waiting for the real ring to be done (They forgot to put in the ring order and we've been waiting over a month. Don't go to Sierra West!).

Now my family will stop asking me if Nate is backing out, and I can start saying that Nate is my fiance without feeling like I'm lying. The wedding is June 9th and I can't wait!
1 comment:
Do you like how I comment on every blog post? Sorry for stalking you, but HOORAY! Love your Walmart rock, and can't wait to see the real one. Can you please get married in Hong Kong, or take a honeymoon trip to Asia? I am thrilled for you and wish I could be there. Happy planning!
Post a Comment