Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is that a fat joke?

So I walked into change of shift a few days ago, and after stating "Good morning" and sitting down, my co-worker turned to me and asked "Are you expecting?". When I didn't respond and looked confused, she asked, "I mean, are you pregnant?". I responded "No". She nodded her head and then went on with what she was doing. I looked down at what I was wearing--a Huskies sweatshirt with my phone in the front pocket--and couldn't help but wonder if she actually thought I was pregnant because of my appearance. Or maybe they thought I was getting married because I was pregnant.

So naturally, after about a minute of silence, I asked, "Do I look pregnant?". She responded "No, [a patient] has shingles, so we just wanted to make sure".

Yes, she didn't even apologize. The only redeeming part of the event came when the co-worker next to me, who is maybe 4'8" tall, looked at me over her glasses and said "Heaven's no!" to my question. I mean I know I haven't been to the gym in a while, but I only thought this kind of stuff happens to my mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment