Thursday, February 9, 2012

The 3rd Times the Charm

So it's officially official. With a real ring and everything.

Nate took me up to Slate Canyon Park in the freezing cold. He got down on both knees, and I told him to go on one because it looked like he was begging, and he said, "Whitney Ann Englund will you mar-" and then a car pulled up to where we were and stayed right next to us. Seriously. Nate asked if he should just finish or do it again. I said that the car had "killed the moment" and we hiked up further into the mountain. Nate once again got down on his knee and asked, "Whitney will you marry me?" He put the ring box in my hand and I said "No, no, you have to take the old ring off and put the new one on my finger" (I'm still wondering why he wants to marry someone so bossy). Which he did. I said, "Yes".

It was a full moon and my ring was out of control sparkly because of it. I feel so lucky, not just because my ring is gorge, but because I'm marrying my best friend and the love of my life.




PS my ring is not purple as it looks in these pictures. I can't get it to photo and sparkle at the same time because the camera always blocks the light. Ai, so annoying. And if you're keeping count, yes, that's 3 proposals.

No comments:

Post a Comment