Saturday, January 29, 2011

Moment of Truth

My goal recently was to fit in my True Religion (tm) jeans by my birthday. It was a snug fit, but they actually buttoned and I wore them all day!

Which brings me to birthdays. I HATE them! Why? Let me count the ways:

1. You automatically become the center of attention.
2. Your expectations of the day always fall short of what happens.
3. No matter what, people feel obligated to be nice/call/say happy birthday.
4. Somehow there is always fighting. Whether the other party is aware of my passive-aggressiveness really isn't my problem. Sometimes I hate estrogen.

We all have moments, usually called epiphanies. Today was one of those days. I went to the gym on a Friday night at 8. I was so excited just to run. As I ran looking around at the nearly empty gym, I thought to myself, "Look at these gym junkies! Double oo-er!". But then I thought "Am I one of them?!" I mean all I look forward to is going to the gym. When life gets hard I just want to run. Is that bad?! Everyone always thinks that they are in control of their addictions, but in reality, are we really?! No. Of course not. At that moment I realized I was training myself for a life of single-hood. I literally started laughing that I will probably die alone.

Update on my life:

USH finally rehired me. I'm moving back to Utah next week. I have no idea where I'm going to live, but I'm starting to embrace the idea of being a gypsy. I still hate sad movies. I really, really hate them. My reality is sad enough.

I realized something else. When a girl says "It's fine" and "Really, it's fine" it has two completely different meanings. The first is passive-aggressive. It's not fine, she's just saying that. The second usually means that it's actually fine. Yesterday, I meant "it's fine".

No comments:

Post a Comment