Thursday, December 16, 2010

Data Entry Isn't For Me

I started another job, and I'm contracted to work there for about 2 weeks. It's a company that markets an educational, interactive systems for a fun interactive new-age learning. Yes, it is as boring as it sounds. For eight hours everyday, I search the internet for school district administrator's and principal's information to input into their CRM (fancy acronym for database). I hate the internet and computers now. I honestly feel like my soul is being sucked away into my computer.

Highlights from this week:

-Thinking I was 10 minutes early on my first day of work, only to realize that I was 20 minutes late. And then late my second day because of traffic.
-Walking to the bus stop 10 blocks away through the worst rain I've ever seen in Seattle.
-Working in a cubicle even though I promised myself I would never work in a cubicle unless Gary Coleman was working there too.
-A lady falling asleep ON me on the bus. Her excuse? "I work 9 hours everyday". Try 16 lady (another great lesson in not complaining about your situation).
-I figured out why weirdos like me, because they are "safe" so I can be myself. It's the same with married men.
-Being allergic to something in the office and every time I sneeze the man in the cubicle next to me says "Bless you."
-The room started spinning and my eyes weren't focusing, my first thought was "NO! I don't have insurance!". Seriously.
-My dad sitting me down and asking me what happened, because I was so pretty in High School and now, well, I don't have a fashion sense, and I don't have anything to offer the world (looks wise), and he's worried if I move down to Utah and live with Katie Cullen I will never get married. The conversation ended with him saying "How about you do something you want to do, instead of something you think you should do." What kind of father says that? Africa here I come.
-I got a call from a man in the ward saying that someone had donated a car and they wanted to give it to me. Seriously! I am now the proud owner of a 2001 Kia Optima. God is still a God of miracles.

I'm still looking for a job in Utah, so if you have any suggestions PLEASE let me know! I can't believe Christmas is next week! How did that happen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment