Friday, January 20, 2012

Tender Mercy

Today I went to Kmart for the second time in my life.

As I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a man who had a cat on a leash. Seriously. I was going to take a picture, but he looked like he would kill me if I did because he has a warrant out for his arrest. Reflecting back on it, I should have, because if Dog the Bounty Hunter is looking for him,I could have met Leland! Anyways, as I drove past the man and the cat, I saw his wife or girlfriend leaning against there car (which was packed to the brim with everything they owned), smoking a cigarette.

As I started walking into the store, I saw a mother and son walking in front of me. The son had Down's and it made me smile. I almost took a picture to send to Nate with the message "It's a sign!". Then, when I approached the door, he stopped and said, "After you!" and let me into the store before him.

I couldn't stop smiling for about 5 straight minutes. I even smiled at the homeless man who I think was following me around the store. Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment