Thursday, December 8, 2011

All American

So, I'm still alive. I survived a meeting with my HK stalker. It made for a hilarious time. I realized though, I'm turning into my mother. I can't say no to crazies (unless it's at work of course).

Highlights of the Red Robin housed experience included my HK friends bringing a friend who is from Mexico. They spoke Spanish together, I spoke Cantonese to them, and I spoke Spanglish to their friend. The waiter spoke Spanish, so they all spoke Spanish with the waiter and we (my mission trainee and I) spoke English to the waiter. Confused? Much of the conversation had to be re-translated into multiple languages. I of course kept speaking Mandarin which no one understood. I was having mission flashbacks the entire time.

It went a TON better than I thought it was going to. I haven't received any follow up texts, so I think he may have gotten the hint that I'm not interested. Plus, I made sure to only shake his hand when I left.

As my mom always says, "They're just another person to write into your book of characters". Thanks Mom, I appreciate the "attracting weirdos" gene you so graciously gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment