Today I broke my best mile time, EVER. I feel like a slug by announcing this, but prior to today I had never been able to run a mile faster than 8:20. Meaning that every Saturday for 3 years I had to run the mile after basketball practice because my time wasn't fast enough for my position. I still get flashbacks to those Saturdays every now and again. Today I ran it in 7:59.
You would think that would be the highlight of my day, but, I came home to find out I was selected to win a free pizza from Papa John's. Before my mission I hated pizza, because I hate tomato sauces (which includes ketchup). I had no idea there was such a thing as a pizza without red sauce until I had more pizza then my entire life combined in Hong Kong. In HK I often enjoyed a pizza with Thousand Island dressing for sauce (don't knock it until you've tried it). Now that I'm back in the States, my weapon of pizza choice is Papa John's. I won't go anywhere else because I absolutely LURVE their garlic sauce.
Today has turned out to be truly amazing and it's not even 3:30.
No comments:
Post a Comment