Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jobs and Jeggings

I obviously have been gone for the last year and a half, and have missed the worst of the horrendous economic situation. But seriously, I NEVER thought finding a job would be this hard. When I finish this post I will being going to McDonalds.com and looking at their open positions. That's how bad things are.

It shouldn't be this hard right?! I mean, I'm a college graduate, I speak two languages fluently (almost, but it sounds better), I'm funny (at least my mom thinks so), and I have years of working experience. No one cares. I was turned down from a temp agency. Seriously. One which I worked for 2 years before. They don't have any positions for my "skills". I worked reception for years, what do you mean you don't have positions?!

So, I'm doing what any good missionary would do and asking you all for referrals, job referrals (I will take dating referrals too, but one thing at a time). I will do anything at this point, and I will go anywhere. I am 23, pushing 24, and I refused to live at my parents house longer than is needful. I'm going crazy here! Issaquah is a small town, and I'm a girl with big dreams.

On a positive note, I had so much fun hanging out with my besties Katie Cullen and Natalie Dew last night. Like Honks the Dollar store, "It's always an adventure...always". Facebook and Chinese food, it couldn't have been any better. Loves you both!

Oh, also, I bought my first pair of jeggings today. That's right. I'm fabulous. Actually, I'm too fat for any of my pants, even my fat pants. So until I can lose the mission weight, I will be rocking my sweet, sweet jeggings. $15.99 at target, you can't get any better than that. I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment