Well, it doesn't. We've filled up the white flour food storage bin, and the counter flour bin twice and we still have half a bag of flour.
So, I decided to make white bread this week instead of my regular wheat bread. I found a recipe off of pinterest that I've been wanting to try and made it.
I checked the recipe 3 times to insure it only made two loaves. Then I tried to duplicate the recipe. 5 minutes into the 10 minute kneading process, my Kitchen Aid turns off and smoke starts billowing out of all the of openings. Now I don't have a dinky little Kitchen Aid. I have the industrial 6 quart-doesn't fit-under-your-cabinet Kitchen Aid. Luckily after an hour of rest it turned back on.
I took the dough out and kneaded it by hand for another 5 minutes. Put it in the pan and waited for it to double in size (about an hour).
They. Got. HUGE! I'm talking monster bread loaves. And they grew in the oven.

No comments:
Post a Comment