Tuesday, July 24, 2012

06.09.12

It has taken way too long to get this up. But let me just say, we still don't have internet. I'm writing this from a laundry mat, because our washer still isn't working. (Gives you an idea of what we are going through). Anyways, let me start by asking a question. Does a wedding ever go exactly according to someone's plans? Honestly. I know weddings have bumps and mishaps, but does anyone ever look back at their wedding and think, "That was exactly what I wanted!". Because mine wasn't. Now saying that I know that I sound like an ungrateful, selfish B. And the more I brood over the whole thing the more I realize. I am an ungrateful, selfish B. Sorry family, but if you thought you were offended before, get ready to leave the church known as Whitney's blog. From the hair at my first reception to the flowers at my second one, everything seemed wrong. "That's because you just didn't care". This has been said to me, and yes to a certain point it is true. I didn't care about table cloth colors after 2 phone calls a day about it. When I said "I want navy blue table clothes with a off-white, lace runner", and then we couldn't find blue. White was fine. When I got a new job and my parents didn't ask me about it but rather asked about how we should set up the tables. I didn't care. When I said I didn't want flowers and then was told I had to had them. I said "ONLY white flowers". I told my mom I didn't want to tell her that I wanted hydrangeas because I did not want blue hydrangeas at my wedding. She said "Whitney, I promise you there will not be any blue hydrangeas at your wedding". And then there was blue hydrangeas in every centerpiece. I actually cared on that one. I didn't want a bouquet and was told I had to have one. I said I ONLY want white roses in my bouquet, and gave a picture of exactly what I wanted, and then had peonies and roses handed to me as I exited the temple, I couldn't care. Luckily the day of I was able to hold everything in and didn't really think about it. My brother Tate gave words of comfort. And I kept telling myself "this is what ____ wanted" or "it's making _____ happy". Like I said before, weddings aren't about the bride and groom. There was a lot that did go right though.
We were able to get married in the Temple.
Nate's family was able to come.
99% of my family was able to be there.
Some besties were able to come.
And, I married Nathan Burton Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment