I'm sure a few of you are aware of my church's new media campaign called "I'm a Mormon". I'm still working on my own tagline. The campaign includes making online profiles that show how Mormons are normal people. Some people are chosen to make videos that air online and pretty soon will air on TV. Basically it makes it look like Mormons are all rich and extremely successful.
But what about us who are average people?! I have recently come to the realization that I am completely average, and you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. We are all trying so hard not to be average that we all end up being uniquely average. Especially here in Utah, everyone is amazing, meaning that average is just taken up a notch.
After talking with my mom and some friends about this new campaign, we are realizing that being average is not going to look good in a video. As we sat around thinking of some taglines, we came up with a few that I really enjoy:
"I'm Kendyl, I'm 30 lbs overweight, and I'm a Mormon."
"I'm Kimberly, I have a messy house, and I'm a Mormon."
"I'm Phoxay, I'm average, and I'm a Mormon."
I think mine would go something like "I'm Whitney, I'm preparing to be a crazy cat lady, I eat my feelings, and I'm a Mormon". What do you think?
1 comment:
I'm Jessica, I have a cockroach phobia, baby weight to lose, and I'm a Mormon.
Post a Comment