Monday, August 11, 2008

Grease Fires and Finals

Today I almost burnt down my house for the second time. The first time was when I was making popcorn (no matter how enticing it may seem to mirror the picture on the package, do not. Three minutes is too long to cook popcorn, or so I've learned), but this time it was a grease fire. Yes that's right, I will make a horrible wife.

What happened: I was cooking a hamburger in the oven, and the grease caught fire, well there's more to it then that but that's the gist. I was hearing the normal sizzling sounds, when I went into the kitchen to check how much time was left. There was black smoke billowing out of the oven. Then I realized that my precious chunk of beef was aflame. So I did what any normal person would do and started laughing hysterically. I opened the oven and gave the flames a good blow, only to have the flames increase and literally reach for my face. Then through my continual repeating of "Are you serious?", "I'm going to make a horrible wife.", and more laughing, I collected myself, and closed the oven and turned it off. By that point, our nice, clean and white oven was now black. After about five minutes the fire went out, and I was able to enjoy my patty amidst the smell of barbecue and grease.

The update on my life is that I am on a one month sabbatical from work. I have finals this week meaning Wednesday (and no Jessie Cordell I am not going to actually study). And I will be going home for some well needed R&R on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

time out...home as in BELLEVUE!?!?! IM HERRRE!

Post a Comment