No arthritis is not fun. Let me give you all a background on the latest development in my life, yes it is arthritis. Ok, so we all know that my mom is crazy. Well now she is a crazy who is training for a marathon. And since her recent weightloss is giving me a complex, I decided to train for a marathon too. Yes it is true, diets don't work, Weight Watchers does. Anyways, so I've started running, I know can you believe it?! Me running. Ok, stop laughing, this is serious. I now have arthritis in my right knee, due to reasons I'm still not sure of. And I'm supposed to wear a brace on my leg and dope myself on ibprofen. Yes, I do have the body of a 75 year old balding man at the age of 21, and yes I am still not married. What is a single BYU co-ed about mission age female with arthritis supposed to do? I've decided to eat as much as possible because food loves me, it never gets mad at me, and it is always there for me. Ok, maybe that's what I want to do, but I'm really doing nothing.
For all of you interested in the rest of my life, I will give you an overall update. For those of you who aren't interested, you can stop reading now, but I bet you've stopped along time ago, or why are you still reading this? Anyways, as you can see I have no life. Well, actually I do have a life, just a really, really boring one. I work about 60 hours a week at the State Hospital in one of the forensic units (no, not like CSI, forensics means that it is a prison). Yes I work at a prison, and I love every minute of it. Especially being called the "B" word almost everyday (I'm going for the Queen B title), walking into "inappropriate" situations between two patients (one with his pants down), having water poured on my head, being spat on, and being a target of the most aggressive patient on my unit. I absolutely love it. A
So my advice is don't run, ever, unless you want arthritis like me which is still not fun. But I really can't complain because my brother has had arthritis since he was 2. He's my hero, I love you Duke!
2 comments:
i'm pretty sure i cracked up for like 15 minutes straight at your post. i love you...and i wanna see pics of ms kimmy!
Hey Whit,
I found your blog on Jess' and was so excited to "check up" on you. You look fantastic and it sounds like life is busy, what with working at the state hospital (I have some fond memories of that place during nursing school), and checking things off your list of things that terrify you. I went to Jess' shower in Issaquah last night and it was awesome to see her and everyone else. I was sad that I didn't get to see your mom. I saw the picture of Tate's wedding and had to do a double take! She looks amazing. Be sure to tell her that for me! Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was peeking around AND that I expect to be invited to any bridal shower you might be having in the near future, just kidding (but not really). Take care,
Crystal
Post a Comment